What are details on the stalls?
What about renting stall mats?
- Stalls are 10 ft x 10 ft
- All stalls are on concrete. Ample shavings will be for sale on site, please budget/plan accordingly. Plan for 8-14 bags depending on how much you horse pees and how good a mucker you are. There are some commercial products such as Sweet PDZ or Smelleze that can help with the smell.
- Walls are solid up to 4ft, then ~3ft of narrow spaced bars. Other than the bars, there are no hooks to attach buckets or feeders to.
- You will need a clip to keep the stall door latched (latches are easy slide up for the horse).
Stall Mats are available for rent from Elite Stall Mat Rentals for $100 per stall. Elite Stall Mats uses "the highest quality 7/8" interlocking rubber stall mats" to protect horses. Each 10x10 stall is actually about 9'6" x 9'6" and will have a set of mats that are 8' x 9'.
- Install the mats in your stall(s) before you arrive, and
- Pick them up after you depart (after you have cleaned/emptied your stall).
Before installation, Elite uses a strict sanitization regimen
(Santi-T-10 disinfectant preceded by a power wash with SynBioNt Ag Wash) to protect horses from illness.
If you want to use Elite Stall Mat Rentals, click the large logo below to arrange your rentals.
NOTES on filling out the Elite Mat rental form:
What about mucking and cleanout?
- Ignore the field "Trainer Name or Stalling With". It is not a field we will use.
- Leave the stall number blank as Terafan will tell Elite your stall #s before you arrive.
- You will need to *bring your own muck rake and shovel*
. There are 36 wheelbarrels available, and the manure pile is just outside the horse barn on the west side.
When you clearing out, you must empty the stall of shavings and hay
. If you are renting stall mats, clean the stalls and follow the checkout instructions to let the company know you have departed and they will collect your stall mats.
What is the water situation?
There are water spigots around the barn, however there will NOT
be hoses. You will need to carry water to you horse. There are flatbed handcarts to help carry water buckets.
What about hay?
- Hay (both Timothy grass $7.50 and alfalfa $8.50) will be available on site for purchase. The hay will be delivered to the barn once it is purchased. The bales are typically ~50lbs. A typical horse will eat 3/4 to 1 bale per day.
What about shavings?
- Shavings will be available on site for purchase at $7.50 per package. The on-site shavings are America's Choice Premium Mini Flake Shavings
. America's Choice Premium Mini Flake Shavings are super absorbent, dust free, small sized flakes that keep stall maintenance easy. The shavings will be delivered to the barn once purchased.
What about turn out?
- There are currently 6 turn out areas arranged for our use. In order to manage turn outs, and allow everyone an opportunity, here are the rules for using the turn outs:
What wash racks will be available?
- Limited to 30 min per horse, or 60 minutes for 2 or more horses turned out together. All times start at the top and bottom of the hour. If you start mid-way through a 30 minute slot and there is no one waiting at all when you begin, then you may finish the partial time slot and the next full 30-minute slot.
- You must be within direct line of site of your horse/turn out at all times. No leaving your horse in the turn out while you run errands.
- There is NO feeding in the turn out areas. No hay or grain or any other food items!
- Clean up after your horse. Bring your muck rake!
- Indicate your place in line (we'll have some methodology provided onsite, e.g. white boards or other)
- There are 2 indoor heated wash racks (one at the east end and one at the west end) and two outdoor wash racks on the north side of the horse barn. Each wash rack has three wash positions. The indoor wash racks will have hoses. Terafan is working to arrange hoses for the outdoor wash racks. If you would like to bring a hose
for the outdoor wash rack, please let Terafan know. See the pictures of the wash racks in the "clean up facilities" section further down this page.
Wash rack rules:
Where is the nearest tack shop?
- You must be actively washing/rinsing your horse while in the wash racks. No leaving your horse to dry.
- Indicate your place in line by leaving a bucket.
- No feeding your horse in the wash rack
- Clean up after your horse. Bring your muck rake!
- There is a saddle, feed, and tack shop approx 1/2 mile (as the crow flies) from the barn. As the car drives... it is about 2/3 mile.
Bragg's Saddle Feed-Tack Shop
783 North County Rd 200 E, Danville, IN 46122
Where am I going to park my trailer?
- Trailer parking will on the west side of road that runs north-south on the west side of the barn and arena. See the Equestrian Facilities PDF
for the map, and see the pictures in the "trailer parking" section below. Your specific space will be identified once you arrive on site.
Where are the activities going to be held?
- For most of the week, the main arena (250 ft x 125 ft) will be divided in two smaller "arenas", each 125 x 125, using movable fence panels, and these will be the primary location for the activities. The intent is to allow two different activities to be taking place at a given time. However, there are a few activities which will be conducted in the full size arena (with the dividing fence taken down). See the Equestrian schedule (on the main Eq page) to see where a specific will be held.